Thursday, February 21, 2008

The White Bird

Have you ever heard the white bird sing?
Or does it sing to me only?
It sings me stories of the distant past…
And of the distant present…and the near future!
It calls me by no name but talks to me
And takes me miles away.
Miles away from myself, from this world;
It takes me on a voyage
To a world full of light-
A world of beautiful solitude
A world of peace…a world that is bright
With ‘unthinkable’ thoughts!
Does the white bird know I’m sick?
Does it know that I cry?
Does it know…I’m about to die?
It knows that I lie
When I tell them I’m fine
It chides me not; it hurts me not;
It only looks at me with unmoving eyes
It stays there when I cry
Its stay is comforting,
It brings me hope.
The white bird sings no plaintive tune
Nor all that euphoric either
It’s a tune unique to this bird…
Which makes me forget sorrows
It tells me about the next voyage
Which it promised to take me on.
The journey to the world of light
Who knows what it’s like?
Do you know? Does the white bird know?
I guess it does…
Where is the world of white light?
Why does it want to take me there?
Peace is so alluring!
No more pain…in the world of white light
The white bird tells me so!
But who is this white bird?
Why does it bring me hope when I close my eyes?
It’s real, is it not? I’m sure it is.
Even you will see it…like so many of us who have
Time is young today…not tomorrow!
It will come to comfort you too!

2 comments:

Anwesha and Basudev said...

reading it once more after quite some time...the feelings r the same ...wow! extremely original, unbiased,a very different idea...
it was like drops of your soul wanting to make themselves felt....
loved it once again!

MM said...

Beautiful! Will treasure this one in my collection, with due credits to you, of course :)